Professional Membership Team – Marketing Manager
Who we are and what we do:
The Wall Street Journal Professional Membership team is responsible for recruiting and retaining members of the world’s foremost influential business membership. We equip ambitious professionals with the essential intelligence and tools they need to better lead their industries, grow their businesses and advance their careers. We provide a highly specialized service that builds on the power of our journalism, the insight of our analysis, the ambition of our audience and the continuity of community.
The Product Marketing Manager must understand our senior level executive audience. She/He is responsible for setting the overall go-to-market vision, product and events marketing strategies. The candidate will join an entrepreneurial, world-class conferences team targeting ambitious professionals and will conduct competitor analysis, market research, and work closely with the sales team to inform the strategic positioning of the products and events to customers, partners, and market influencers.
What your role is:
- Create strategy, implement and execute multi-channel marketing campaigns to drive lead generation and generate ticket sales for events
- Own key launches, develop robust go-to-market plans and understand post-launch impact
- Create compelling messaging, value propositions and content
- Arm the sales team with the knowledge, tools and collaterals they need to be successful in closing deals
- Be a strong cross-functional partner, able to organize and influence range of stakeholders to drive successful and smooth launches
- Ensure that all products web sites are up-to-date
- Develop customer-facing presentations
- Work closely with sales team to help convert leads
- Conduct market and competitive analysis research to identify trends their impact on our products
- Partner with creative teams, other internal stakeholders, and external vendors to deliver results
- Responsible for managing event marketing budgets
- Be an all-star email marketer who gets jazzed up about optimizing and building
top-notch email marketing campaigns
- Overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity
- Work with SEO specialist to manage and improve organic search engine performance and goal-setting based on click through rates, traffic, and conversion
- Measure, analyze and track results of all marketing activities
Require d Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4-6+ years of experience, preferably in consulting, marketing or product management
- Demonstrated cross-functional teamwork and project management experience
- Distinctive problem solving and analytical mindset, with experience analyzing qualitative and quantitative data to guide strategy
- Experience conducting, synthesizing and sharing user research
- Excellent written and verbal communication, along with strong interpersonal skills
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at [email protected] . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line.
Business Area: WSJ – CUSTOMER GROUP
Job Category: Marketing Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at [email protected]
Algolia Custom Site Search